April 26, 2004

"I'm Hot!"

Ya, the wrong kinda 'hot'. Ran a high fever since Saturday night. Been ages since I really fell sick, other than the occasional mental kind of sick. In fact, I wasn't even sick this time, no cold, no cough, no sore throat, nothing. Just that my system decided to send out all signals of their revolting against how I've been treating myself for the past month after I rejoined the gainfully unemployed category. So, I've been drifting in and out of sleep for the whole day yesterday, with minimal appetite for food (which then makes my gastric feel weird and tummy feels bare).

Fever is a very interesting thing, actually. It's a system of contrast and irony. You gotta feel hot inside to be cold outside, and the colder you are outside, the hotter you are inside. Which effectively means you will be pretty screwed up. To pull the blanket or on the air-con full blast. No matter which way you choose, you end up feeling weak as a deflated balloon. Plus of course, it takes away all your appetite, making you feel annoyingly weak and light-headed. For some reason, food and sickness don't go well together. And I just realised that I prefer white plain home-cooked porridge than the ones outside. The salty taste of the porridge my Ma bought for me last morning almost made me vomit.

But, I'm better now. Janet said if I have got the strength to scold her, I would have been well on my way to recovery. And I just did when she called. In fact, I also just nagged at my parents' lack of discretion in their diet (too much carbo).

Desmond said if I start using 'unpolished' language, I would have been well on my way to recovery. Well... guess there's only one thing for me to do now...

What the fuck?! I'm recovering well lah!!!! goddamnit.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 16:25